Aluminum Alloy Piston - Lightweight and Wear Resistance
Aluminum alloy piston is the most widely used type in the engines. It is manufactured from aluminum-silicon alloy. According to the different content of silicon, aluminum alloy piston can also be divided into high silicon alloy piston and low silicon alloy piston. The outstanding character of aluminum alloy piston is low density, which can reduce the piston mass and the inertia force of reciprocating motion.
Aluminum alloy piston is made of aluminum-silicon alloy.
Aluminum alloy will generate low inertia force in the constant reversal movement because it is much lighter than the iron piston under the same intensity condition. This feature can help engine to damp vibration and lower mass ratio.
Meanwhile, when the pistons operate, the low mass aluminum pistons have lower wall pressure and impact to the cylinder wall, which can reduce the friction between piston and cylinder wall & piston pin and decrease abrasion.
Another character of aluminum alloy material is perfect thermal conductivity. When the pistons operate, the surface temperature of aluminum alloy piston is lower than the cast iron piston, which can increase the service life.
- Piston material: aluminum alloy.
- Piston structure: piston head, piston ring, piston skirt and piston pin hole.
- Piston head type: concave, convex and flat.
- Piston ring type: air ring and oil ring.
- Surface treatment: graphite painting, anodic oxidation, phosphating and tin plated.
- Unique structure: copper bush insert, steel piece insert, cooling channel insert and Alfin.
Alfin aluminum alloy piston can improve the wear resistance of piston ring.
Copper bush insert structure can protect piston pins.
|ZL108||11.0-13.0||0.8-1.3||0.05-0.01||0.5-1.5||0.2 Max.||0.5 Max.||0.2 Max.||0.2 Max.||Bal.|
|ZL109||11.0-13.0||0.8-1.3||0.8-1.5||0.5-1.5||0.2 Max.||0.5 Max.||0.2 Max.||0.2 Max.||Bal.|
|AC8A||11.0-13.0||0.7-1.3||0.8-1.5||0.8-1.3||0.2 Max.||0.8 Max.||0.15 Max.||0.15 Max.||Bal.|
|AC8B||8.5-10.5||0.5-1.5||0.1-1.0||2.0-4.0||0.2 Max.||1.0 Max.||0.5 Max.||0.5 Max.||Bal.|
|AC9A||22.0-24.0||0.5-1.5||0.5-1.5||0.5-1.5||0.2 Max.||0.8 Max.||0.2 Max.||0.5 Max.||Bal.|
- Lighter than cast iron and other material piston.
- Higher thermal conductivity.
- Wear and corrosion resistance.
- Various engine piston surface treatment, such as tin plated, graphite painting and anodic oxidation.
- Durable and long service life.
- Different piston structure to suit more engines.
Phosphating coating of aluminum alloy piston can protect the piston body from corrosion.
Tin plated coating of aluminum alloy piston is antioxidant and tarnish resistant.